Friday, July 23, 2010

False dawn

The temps are low and the action is seriouly heating in in Rocklands. Alas, I haven't even made one trip there yet but that looks all set to change soon. I had high hopes for this season - my pre season conditioning was much better but the glimmer of hope soon faded with a tweaky left middle finger that just dosen't want to improve. After being a serious contender I think I will need to settle with just reaching the finishing line this year.

Harris, Dom and I are all starting to get suspicious about our Beastmakers. We all seem to share similar finger ailments and hangboarding seems to be the common theme??? The trick seems to be to hold yourself back because as soon as you start to push there is a high chance that injury will soon follow.

Given the above I have had a slight climbing hiatus over the last month or so (somewhat Soccer induced as well)  trying to rest up but it hasn't helped so I have resorted to gritting my teeth and fighting on.The finger injury has been a goodopportunity to focus on developing other weaknesses. That said one night a week at $ity Rock does not make 8Bs fall (for me at least). On the plus side according to Kerry (my body alignment therapist), I am supposedly in really good shape? Maybe things are about to turn? I did manage to do a one arm pullup on M2 (on my right only though) so maybe my weakness perception is just psychological. All I can say however is that the Big 5 reunion is happening in 2 weeks and I need to be fighting fit for that so the count down has begun..

No comments:

Post a Comment